That first day brings excitement, butterflies in the stomach, maybe a few tears, and best of all it ushers in a new season for all of us. Students, parents, teachers, staff, and plenty of new friends are all lined up to take that next step in life. We are all a year older and with that comes experience and new learning.
We look forward to welcoming back our students and families at all three school sites in the Mt. Adams School District. We have a few new teachers and mostly returning teachers who know our students well and care passionately about their learning success.
At Mt. Adams School District we take learning seriously! Our motto is, “Every kid… Every skill…” That means that every child receives special attention based on his or her individual learning needs and that is our commitment to parents, families, and the community. Our goal is 100% graduation for our students with all graduates being college and/or career ready!
This will be an exciting year. Mr. McCracken has returned as the Principal of Harrah Elementary School along with new Vice Principal, Mrs. Widener. At Mt. Adams Middle and White Swan High School, Mrs. Smith is the new principal, flanked by Mr. Espindola and new Vice Principal Mr. Robins.
The theme of the staff back-to-school day was affirmed through the key messages from administrators:
- It’s all about the journey…Dana Jarnecke, Director of Teaching and Learning
- Engage students and families and encourage better attendance….Warren Starr, Director Special Ed
- Focus on the fundamentals and then the basics….Chad Crawford, Business Manager
- Strong, calm and kind…Rob McCracken, Elementary Principal
- Passion vs. work – Collaboration, data, all students, resources…Tracey Smith, HS/MS Principal
- Where do “you” fit - focus, intentional, teach – from the boardroom to the bus….Curt Guaglianone, Superintendent
Our theme for the opening of this school year is, “Oh the Places You’ll go…,” by Dr. Seuss.
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Best wishes for a wonderful new school year!