Recently, I was searching for a quote about springtime in the Yakima Valley and I found a saying from Chief Seattle:
“When you know who you are; when your mission is clear and you burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will; no cold can touch your heart; no deluge can dampen your purpose.”
This quote from a wise elder is so applicable to the professional educators in the Mt. Adams School District. Our community is blessed to have dedicated bus drivers who ‘know their mission’ – to get students safely to and from school every day. I have watched MASD teachers and administrators, ‘burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will’ to ensure that every student, every day, has access to excellent learning opportunities. ‘No cold can touch the heart’ of our educational assistants, secretaries, data records clerks, counselors, student supervisors, cafeteria staff, and coaches who come to school every day, understanding that all means ALL, and that every student is loved and supported. When it comes to maintenance, grounds, and our custodial staff, ‘no deluge can dampen their purpose,’ which is to make our schools shine with Panther, Charger, and Cougar pride!
We are approaching spring when the grass grows green, birds all sing, and children laugh and play in the sunshine. Please take time in the next few weeks to enjoy your children and grandchildren, give thanks to the Creator for all that is provided during this season, and please reach out to a bus driver, or teacher, and say thank you. Thank you for all you do, every day, to serve our children.
Mt. Adams School District will be holding a series of Community Meetings to better communicate with the public. Topics of discussion at these meetings will be the K-9 Team in the District, as well as your concerns and questions.
We will also be holding the following Community Meetings, all starting at 6:00pm:
- Wednesday, April 11th at the White Swan High School Library
- Wednesday, May 2nd at the Harrah Elementary Cafeteria
- Tuesday, September 5th, 6:00pm at the White Swan High School Library
- Wednesday, September 13th, 6:00pm at the Harrah Elementary Cafeteria
- Wednesday, October 4th at the White Swan High School Library
- Wednesday, November 1st at the Harrah Elementary Cafeteria
- Wednesday, December 6th at the White Swan High School Library
- Wednesday, January 3rd at the Harrah Elementary Cafeteria
- Wednesday, February 7th at the White Swan High School Library
- Wednesday, March 7th at the Harrah Elementary Cafeteria