A Message From The PrincipalAs our school year draws to an end, there are many reasons to celebrate!
- Fifty-nine 8th graders met Mt. Adams Middle School requirements to participate in our 8th grade promotion ceremony and the end of year trip to Wild Waves.
- Our High School Band and members of the Middle School Band, under the direction of Mr. Pendon, went to Wild Waves in May to participate in the Music in the Parks festival. Our combined band received scores of Excellent and Superior and they were awarded a First Place trophy for their group! They played wonderfully, were respectful of staff and other students, and had a great time.
- Oscar Suarez, Daniel Carrillo, Elvis Lopez & Estevan Alvarado competed in the state robotics competition at Toppenish Middle School in February. After three rounds of the competition, our team was in first place. They finished the qualifying rounds in 12th place and went into the elimination round in 8th place. In the elimination round, they competed against the first place team and lost. Students competed in skills, programming and an interview with a panel of judges. A robotics ring will be setup on the school campus to assist in preparing for future competitions.
- On Thursday, June 5, Ted Williams, Indian Club advisor, planned and facilitated a Native American Awareness Assembly on the football field. He explained the significance of songs, dances and celebrations and invited guests and students to dance. Also honored was Mr. Rangel for his time served in the military and at Mt. Adams School District.
- Attendance and tardy comparison data from the last four years shows that our attendance policy and tardy procedures at the middle school and high school are reducing unexcused absences and tardies.
3rd Quarter 2011
3rd Quarter 2012
3rd Quarter 2013
3rd Quarter 2014
HS Unexcused Absences
MS Unexcused Absences
2982013-14 has been a great year for our students and staff. Thank you, our community, for your support.
Registration for the 2014-15 school year will be during the week of August 18-22 with evening registration on Tuesday, August 19.